On this page, you will find information about:
Email and Messenger
Once you are accepted you will be added to the Crush Fear 2022 Facebook Messenger thread to communicate and meet the other students and staff who will be on the project. Please download the app if you haven't! We'll also use email to communicate directly with participants, and you will be responsible for the content, so check your email often!
You may be wondering how you are going to come up with $620 for Crush Fear. You may have the money in savings, or you may earn it, but we want to encourage you to step out in faith and ask God to raise your necessary financial support by asking others to financially invest in His Kingdom. For many of you this might be the first fear God is asking you to crush through faith. Do not be afraid. God will encourage and bless, not only you, but he will also bless those who give to you financially.
You are not alone; we promise to walk beside you, encourage, and help you through raising support.
Here are four good reasons to ask for financial support
1. There are examples in the Bible of Christian workers who were supported by God’s people.
2. It is true from the Bible that people who give to God’s Kingdom are blessed (Luke 6:38).
3. As people invest financially in your summer project, they are likely to pray for you during Crush Fear as well.
4. As you step out in faith and see God show up, your faith will grow and enable you to trust God in new ways. You will be crushing fear before you get to Durango.
This summer project is more of a Great Commission Training project than it is a mission trip. However we will be taking several days to witness to strangers in the Durango area about the need to believe in Jesus as their Lord and Savior. We will also do many things that contribute to strengthening local churches. Further, the skills you learn during the project will enable you to be a more courageous witness for Christ for the rest of your life. When people invest in your summer project, they are making an investment in God’s Kingdom.
Look up these verses in your Bible and answer the questions:
Luke 8:1-3 What unique person was supported financially by concerned believers?__________________
Phil 4:15-18 Who was supporting Paul’s ministry on more than one occasion?______________________
1 Timothy 6:17-19 How does God want “the rich” to act with their money?_______________________
What will they store up for themselves if they act that way?_____________________
Practically this will take six steps
1. Ask God in prayer to seriously raise the money you need to go to Crush Fear. Tell Him how you feel about this, and commit to trusting Him with the details.
2. Brainstorm: Make a list of all the people that might be interested in supporting your trip. Don’t rule anybody out at first. Trust God to come up with 40-60 people that you can give a letter to explaining your summer project. People who know you personally, have a Christian background, and are employed are usually the best ones to give a letter. Think about family, student friends, church friends (current and old), neighbors, Sunday School teachers, Master Plan Staff members, etc. Take 30 minutes to do this!
3. Write your letter on a computer, and have someone proofread it. Use the model in this packet for your content.
4. Mail your letter or place it in the hands of the most likely 25-40 people that you came up with. Include a self-addressed return envelope in the letter.
5. Watch your mailbox, and record what comes back to you on a list. Send a thank you note right away, and save your list of names and addresses of those who gave. Thank God for his provision!
6. At the end of your trip, send a report to those on your support team summarizing what God did in your life at Crush Fear. They will be glad to hear of how their investment in your life is going.
You can do this with God if you step out and trust Him. Many students have done this before, and have seen God provide more than enough financial support. If you do not have the needed support by May 1st, you will need to take an extra step of calling those you sent letters to, and ask if they have made a decision.
What to do with your checks:
When you do get checks in the mail, hold on to them, and bring them with you to Crush Fear on May 23rd. We will make sure they get recorded at registration. If you have more than enough support, we may have the opportunity to extend some of it to another student that is still in need of funds.
If you save your receipts for support letter costs and travel costs getting to and home from Durango, you can also raise money to cover those expenses. You must save your receipts, and then give them to the director at Crush Fear. She will be able to reimburse your costs if you have raised the needed amount over the $620 Crush Fear cost.
directions to Three Trails Ranch
Arriving by plane- Fly into the Durango, CO La Plata County airport (DRO). Let us know of your arrival time and we will arrange to pick you up from the airport. Please schedule to arrive at the airport no later than 3:30 pm on May 25 if possible.
Driving Directions - Three Trails Ranch Address: 2038 Sierra Verde Dr., Durango, CO. (google it and print off directions as you lose cell service closer to Three Trials)